When the original registration that is completed at a time of an event(birth, marriage, death, stillbirth) contains mistakes or is incomplete/missing information an amendment may be requested to correct the registration. When requesting an amendment, specific procedures must be followed. Only vital events that took place in Alberta may be amended by Alberta Vital Statistics. If the event did not happen in Alberta then you have to contact the jurisdiction where the event happened to request an amendment. You can request the amendment through a registry agent if you find a mistake on the registration at the time you are ordering a certificate whether it is a birth, marriage, death, or stillbirth certificate. The information given for the amendment is then passed onto Vital Statistics for processing.

Your Matches

Contact Us: